So I had to watch the episodes two times without forwarding through most of it to ensure I absorbed all the hangama that occurred today. Today’s episode like last episode contained less humor and dwelled mostly on serious things and well I was not expecting a lot that happened today to occur well IN today’s episode!
To restate my shock, let me make a point form list of all that happened:
- Saima Chaudhry and Faree D fly off to Faislaabad to see brother bahi jaan (or Chaudhry sahib ) in the hospital
- Meekal has a heart to heart with Annie and the conversation solidifies her thoughts and feelings towards him.
- Saima Chaudhry and Faree D plan to confront Malika Rani at her “beooteey salon” and convince her to step down and of course she doesn’t budges –even after Faree-D’s unconvincing attempts to strangle her...
- Sila verbalizes her feelings aloud to Laila about the dark side of marriage. Azar tries talking to Sila and she gives him a cold shoulder
- Annie sits both Vicky and Laila down and screams at them to get a life- er I mean she tells them to get over their big humungous idiotic egos and get married already and spare the rest of us from their further drama and thank god we will be spared because hallelujah they both decide to get married phewwww
- Annie wears even brighter clothes making us all happy at DP & announces that she accepts Meekal’s proposal *gasp*
- And behold Saima Chaudhry blackmails chaudhry sahib into signing her forms and stands up for election against Malika Rani arriving on a Rikshaw (driven by Faree D, although I was expecting more of them to be riding a horse due to Faree D’s long boots and tights…Oh well!)
So I said earlier that it was a very happening episode yet I felt it was too rushed and left me a little bit hazy and confused. As I just stated everything was rushed. Where is Arfa, Annie’s mom? She was nowhere to be seen throughout the episode? Didn’t Annie discuss any of this with her dad? And Faree D and Saima Chaudhry suddenly forgot all about Annie and dived into election mode. the whole riskshaw drive was not even remotely funny (can someone explain the humor in that scene to me?) how Bobby D will take the rejection (maybe that’s a premise for next episode???). I wonder also what happened to Fawad Khan’s overhyped cameo appearance…
All the above things aside I am going to share my favorite scene which was conversation between nani and Faraz. I am going to try to pen my thoughts about what really struck me about this scene. I loved how Faraz said that he feels guilty for not being able to defend his wife and shows remorse for that even though nani reminds him that it wasn’t his fault because he chose to stay quiet because as he was not fully aware of the situation between Imran, Sadaf and Rabia. i liked how Faraz did not over react because he trusted his wife so much. This scene showed a completely different perspective on desi men because we are so used to having weak male characters, which are easily manipulated by even the tiniest situations!
All in all glad Vicky and Laila can get on with their lives… what was your guy’s favorite scene today? Any moments that you felt really stood out? Do share!
Written by Maria Khan