I will be honest. Despite all its very glaring bloopers, Kankar is actually growing on me. I think once you actually stop thinking that this story is about Kiran and Sikander and will be an all-encompassing one, covering all the characters and all the nitty gritties that happen in their lives, you can stop gritting your teeth and stop thinking when the story will move forward.
Oh yes, in terms of the story, very little happened in the episode - unless you count:
- Rishta aunty bringing a proposal for Iram.
- Rishta ladies coming in, asking the typical irrelevant questions and then wanting to see the whole house.
- Rishta aunty telling Iram's mom that the rishta ladies liked Iram and she wanted her fees and a jora.
- Shoaib making an entry - finally! But not speaking a word!
- Shoaib's wedding date being set.
- Shoaib's engagement photos being viewed over and over.
- Kiran and Adnan's fanfare over the parrot and the kittens.
Sikander (Fahd Mustafa) made his entry today - with not much of an impact. The couple of scenes with his mom only reflect that he shares a good relationship with his parents, but his mom is adamant on making Aarzoo (her neice) her daughter-in-law and will not take no for an answer. Let's see what happens when Aarzoo and Sikander come face to face next week for their "meeting". Moreover, although there was a lot of talking in this episode, I did enjoy Kiran and Adnan's scenes - I must admit I didn't have many hopes from Hasan Niazi, but he is doing a fairly good job. Three bloopers did stand out in today's episode, though:
- When Aarzoo shows her brother's engagement photos to Kiran, she does so on an ipad. When Kiran takes the photos home, they have transformed into a large album with hard copy photos? Huh?
- Secondly, when the Rishta aunty is talking to Iram's mom, you can see the parrot's cage in the courtyard. In the next scene, you see Adnan bringing a parrot's cage and parrot for Kiran.
- Likewise, Adnan tells Kiran that he is upset because of problems related to his sister Rukhsar's (Uroosa Siddiqui) proposal. However, it is only shown in the next scene that Adnan and his mom are having a discussion about this proposal.
All three bloopers are mainly related to issues with editing, again a significant trait of serials produced by Six Sigma Entertainment. I had hoped they'd have learned their lesson from Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan days, but apparently not!
Overall, I like the way the characters are interacting with each other; it is natural and somehow, makes the look of the story more realisitc. As I wrote last week, Umera Ahmed can really nail the dialogues in such a setting and this week was no different. The entire Rishta scenario (on both sides of the city) may make the story move at a snail's pace but the fact of the matter is, this is exactly what happens. And this is the main reason why I really enjoyed today's episode. I know so many families who think exactly the way the characters are thinking on the screen - the whole don't tell this to anyone, dont show the photos to everyone, sending the driver to deliver the Mithai because you will not bother yourself to make an effort with anyone from whom you do not expect some benefit in your time of need, and giving preference to relatives who are wealthy and have something you need, reflects the way most people in our society think. While I do hope the story picks up soon, I must commend Aabis Raza and his team for a good job this week!
Written by Drama Buff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This website and its content is copyright of DramaPakistani.net - ©Drama Pakistani 2011. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.